Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Winne the Pooh - and Peanuts too!

I like to display cards I get for various occasions. Right now I have my Mother's Day and birthday cards displayed on the t.v. stand. I feel that if people take the time to buy them and send them, I want to be able to look at them for at least a week, being reminded that someone thought of me. It makes me happy. I think know it annoys the Captain. He is a no-clutter-kind-of-guy.

The Big One also enjoys looking at my cards and she frequently throughout the day will walk over to the television and open one card, then another, admiring their beauty. One in particular strikes her fancy- my mother's day card from the girls. Several times a day she asks:

"Mom, Can I look at your card?"

"Dad, do you want to see Mom's card?"

"Mom, what card do you want to look at?"

Today, while I was otherwise preoccupied she asks "Mom is it Winne or Winne the Pooh?"
"It's Winne the Pooh, Honey", I replied not fully engaged.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see her pick up the card. "Oh Winne the Pooh is soooo cute!"

I looked over at her and had to chuckle. Winne the Pooh is indeed cute, but perhaps I should cultivate her character recognition before we plan a trip to Disney.

And here's why:

1 comment: