I am really feeling the love lately, and have been nominated for another award. Story of a Girl, has shared this with me. I am honored to be recognized by other fabulous bloggers who have been doing this much longer than me, and have welcomed me into their blogging community.
With my acceptance I am bound by these rules:
1. Post 11 Random facts about yourself
2. Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post
3. Tell them you've tagged them
4. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you and give 11 questions to the people you've tagged.
5. No tag backs.
My 11 random facts:
1. It drives me insane if there is anything on the top shelf of the refrigerator that isn't a beverage. No Tupperware container of leftovers, no condiments- only milk, juice, soda, water etc. Before getting myself something to drink, I will move every item that isn't a beverage off the top shelf.
2. I will never eat in a restaurant alone. I will get take out or go through a drive-thru and eat in my car before sitting at a table by myself.
3. I played basketball in middle school. There may have been about 10 players total on the team. Once because of illness and injuries we had to borrow players from the other team to have enough players to finish the game.
4. I have never in my life used a lawn mower, or mowed a lawn.
5. I have a perfect driving record. No speeding tickets, no parking tickets, and no accidents.
6. I am not a morning person. I prefer not to be talked to before I've had my coffee in the morning. With a husband and kids, that's nearly impossible.
7. I hate spinach. It makes me gag. As a kid my mother would make me eat a teaspoon sized serving of it whenever it was served with dinner. I would swallow the entire serving whole (like a pill), with a swallow of milk to avoid the taste. It still made me gag.
8. I have a hard time getting rid of things that have sentimental (to me) value. This includes ticket stubs, my girls artwork and baby clothes and cards among other things. The Captain jokes with me that one day he will be calling A&E for my spot on Hoarders. NOT that my house is anything like that!
10. I spent my high school years living in foster homes and a group home.
11. I got married the first time two days after I graduated from high school. I was divorced less than four years later.
My 11 questions from Story of a girl:
1. Storms: Love them or terrified? Depends on the type of storm. I love the rumble of thunder and the rain, but I am afraid of lightening. I am afraid of Hurricanes (live in FL) but love a good blizzard (grew up in NH).
2. What is your "guilty pleasure" tv show? Definitely Sister Wives. I wasn't sure I liked it when I first started watching it, but now I'm totally hooked!
3. What calms you? Singing. Belting out one of my favorite songs takes me to my happy place.
4. If you could learn any new language what would you learn? Spanish. I'm half Puerto Rican and would love to be able to communicate with my dad's side of the family.
5. Have you ever re gifted? What was it? Nope.
6. Any off brand/generic products you prefer over their name brand competitor? The only thing I can think of right now is Animal Crackers. There is a discount grocery store nearby that sells Animal Crackers that I love and I have only found them at that particular store.
7. What song ALWAYS brings back memories? Aerosmith's "Angel"
8. What is your favorite brand of toilet paper? Charmin
9. Favorite scented candle? Vanilla
10. Do you ever freak out and get nervous AFTER you hit the "share" button on your blog? Yes, especially if it is something really personal.
11. Do you still have a piggy bank? If a five gallon water jug counts-yes.
My 11 questions
1. Toilet Paper- over or under the roll?
2. If you could trade places with anyone (past or present) for one week, who would it be?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. If you could re-live any part of your life (without changing anything) what would it be?
5.If you could only teach your children one lesson that they would take with them into their adult lives, what lesson would you choose?
6. What is your dream job?
7. Junk food junkie or healthy eater?
8. What is one thing that you would change about your spouse/significant other?
9. What has been your proudest moment thus far?
10. Chocolate or Vanilla ice cream?
11. What is your favorite movie?
And the nominees are....
2. You Know It Happens at Your House Too
3. Flying by the Seat of my Pants
4. The Vintage Boomer
5. figuring it out as we grow
6. City Girl gone Ranch Mama
8. The Mama Mama
9. Cup of Tea and a Blog
10. One too Many
11. Stroller Parking Only