Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Long Lost Love

I love to read. I always have. I am a voracious reader and will read anything (well, except for romance, fantasy and science fiction).  I got my first library card when I was 8 or 9. I relished my trips to the library. I remember perusing the bookshelves in the children's section of our town library, selecting my limit of four books, only to return a few days later to exchange my treasures. I read constantly, often more than one book at a time. I often got in trouble for propping books up behind the faucet and reading while doing the dishes. I would hide books behind the toilet and tell my mother that I had to "go to the bathroom" so that I could read instead of doing my chores. I always had a book in my hand.

After the big one was born, I pretty much stopped reading all together. I just didn't think I had time. I was working full time and she was, well... a handful. I truly forgot how much I love to read until....

 I was reading one of my favorite blogs Hot Mess Mom. One of her posts at the end of March was a review of various products, one of them being a novel. HMM had two copies of the novel which she was offering to the first two readers who expressed interest. I was one of the lucky two. The novel, Shadow Swans is the author's first and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I received the book the first week of April and have read nine books since. Thank you Hot Mess Mom! Thank you for reminding me how much I love to read.

Here are some of my recent favorites:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


The Help by Kathryn Stockett


A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer- I must warn you, this is a book about child abuse and is graphic. It is a great story of strength and survival, but may not be for everyone.


The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven by Kevin Malarkey


If you love to read, I encourage you to check out the above titles (if you haven't already). Share with me some of your "must reads".

No comments:

Post a Comment