Monday, May 14, 2012

Seventeen and Four Months!

So, I'm a little lot late with this post.

On the 5th T-Man turned seventeen. Seventeen!!! How the hell did that happen? I swear just yesterday he was 12 obsessed with Spider Man, Star Wars, The Crocodile Hunter and driving us crazy listening to the Jonas Brothers CD over and over and over. His hair was short, he was shorter than me and he actually spent time out of his room.

Now, he's seventeen. He's all about the cell phone, girls, NCIS and Star Wars. Now, his hair is long, he towers over me (at 6'4") and when visiting he comes out of his room long enough to eat, or play with the girls for a bit. I can't believe that in 12 months, 12 months people,  he will be a legal adult. Where has the time gone?

Also on the 5th, The Little One turned four months old! Seriously, I have got to get a handle on this time thing, because it's just passing far too quickly for my liking. At her check up she was 24 1/4 inches long and 14 pounds 10 ounces. (At birth she was 17 3/4 inches and 7 pounds- although that weight is debatable.) She is short(50th percentile) and fat (75th to 90th percentile). My little chunk-a-lunk loves to eat!

A little bit about the Little One:

 She loves to eat. I know I already said that, but it is true. She is still nursing and has started solids. She takes it from the spoon like a champ. So far she is eating rice cereal, bananas (her favorite), squash, prunes and apples (not her favorite).

She rolled over for the first time on May 4th. She went from stomach to back and has only done it a handful of times since. She's starting to get the hang of it, but spends most of her tummy time scooting with her head pressed to the floor.

She is very vocal. Much louder than her big sister was. The Big One is forever saying "Little One, I can't hear my show!" or "Little One, I'm trying to go to sleep!"

She is such a happy baby. Always smiling and cooing. She loves to be talked to and will smile at anyone who talks to her.

She is an awesome night sleeper. 9-11 hours every night! Day time sleeping- not so much. I'm lucky if I get two 1hour naps out of her. Unfortunately he nurses herself to sleep. I'm going to have to break her of this and SOON!

She hates to be reclined unless she is nursing. This big girl wants to be sitting up and watching all that is happening around her. She is very alert.

She's teething and it looks like the two bottom teeth are about to break the surface any day. This has made for unusually cranky infant, but she's still sleeping, so I really can't complain.

She loves her big sister! She watches the Big One constantly. She smiles and laughs when the Big One talks to her. I think it is the start of a beautiful friendship!

The one thing that continues to blow my mind, is how much the girls look the same. The top photo is the Big One at four months, the bottom one is the Little One. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment