Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Slow Down Little One!

The Little One just turned 7 months old. Time is passing far too quickly for my liking, and if it isn't hard enough that she is already seven months old, she is growing up so fast.




In the past seven days she has started crawling (successfully), sitting up on her own, sprouted her second tooth, started feeding herself little bits of table food and started pulling up on furniture! Really?!?!? What's the rush Little One? Mama needs you to slow down just a little bit so I can savor these passing milestones. Can we at least focus on one thing each week? Before I know it she is going to be walking running all over the house! Let's face it- I'm just not ready for that.

She is so happy to finally be able to get around and get into things!

A toothy grin!

Look what I can do!

Nom, nom, nom!


Look at the concentration... she really focused on getting that snack!


Look out world- here she comes!

I'm not sure the Big One is loving her sister's increased mobility. Now, the Little One can get into her toys and whatever the Big One has, the Little One wants. The fighting over toys has already started. I can only imagine what I am in for in the upcoming months.

Now that the Little One is mobile, I am finding it more difficult to focus my attention on the Big One. No longer can I sit the Little One in the walker or bumbo seat and do a craft with the Big One- the Little One wants in on the action which causes much frustration for the Big One (and myself, quite honestly). Craft time is now limited to the Little One's morning nap (if she chooses to take one) and that does not make the Big One happy. Time for me to get creative and figure out how to make them both happy. I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes!

I'll leave you with a little video of the Little One standing...the Big One is complaining in the background (as usual).  




Don't forget to click on that pretty lady at the top to vote for me. If you like what you see, "like" me on facebook and be sure not to miss a post!

4 comments:

  1. Wow she's advanced! And very cute, might I add! Yes, the increased mobility definitely makes for some trying times (and I only have one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I blame the increased mobility on the one year old I watched last week for a friend. The Little One watched her every move!

      Delete
  2. Yes at a particular circumstances its more difficult to focus my attention on the Big One.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie did that, too! One day she just decided that she was going to crawl and pull herself up to standing. I could see the determination in her eyes and it was impressive to say the least. It was like a sudden spurt of growth and then a sudden halt, though. I thought for sure she was going to be walking by Easter at the rate she was progressing and she didn't actually give up on crawling as her main mode of movement until a couple days before her first birthday - which is in mid-July! Though, she was taking a couple steps here and there for a few weeks before that, it still took much longer than I thought. Maybe your Little One will plateau as well once she figures out that she can cruise around holding onto furniture.

    ReplyDelete