I have lost zero weight since I gave birth 7 months ago. After leaving the hospital I had only lost 25 of the 65 pounds I gained while pregnant. The extra weight I have been carrying around is seriously affecting my every day life. Not only is it depressing every time I look in the mirror, but I am embarrassed when out in public. I have very few clothes that fit and I refuse to buy more. I avoid anyone I knew before I had the Little One. I have not once worn a bathing suit this summer. My knees are screaming at me every night to lose the weight.
Even though I am struggling with my weight, I always find an excuse to do nothing about it. Here are a few of my favorites:
- It's summer here in Florida, so it's too hot to walk outside.
- It's not safe to walk in the early morning or late evening when it is cooler.
- I can't take the girls to the park and walk because the Big One wants to play at the playground.
- If I had a treadmill I would exercise...but I don't so I won't.
- I don't have time.
- I'm nursing so I can't eat less.
- I don't have the self control to watch what I eat.
I am finally ready. I am ready to be in pictures with my family. I am ready to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. I am ready to feel good about myself again. In order to be successful I need accountability. What better way than to put it on my blog, right? Starting today the excuses end. I am going to exercise at least 3 times a week and start to eat better. Each week, I will share my loss (or gain) for the week. When I have reached my goal, I will post my before and after pictures. (I just can't bear to post a pic now) Losing 30 pounds will get me back into some of my clothes, but ultimately I am setting a goal of 50 pounds.
The excuses end today. The journey to a new me begins today. Wish me luck!