I love any type of craft project made from hand prints. I love the idea that later on in life, I will have these projects and be able to remember just how small my little ones were, and see how much they have grown. I was looking for crafts to make for Easter and was excited when I found the Hand print Lilies.
White Card stock or Construction Paper
Green Card stock or Construction Paper
Yellow Pipe Cleaner
Hole Punch (single hole punch)
1. Trace two leaf shapes on the green paper
2. Cut out the leaf shapes and punch a whole in the center of both. I do not recommend using a 3 whole punch as it is very difficult to get the hole in the center of the leaf. A single hole punch would have been much easier if I had one.
3. Trace the child’s hand.
4. Cut out the hand.
5. Using the pencil curl the fingertips and the ends of the leaves.
6. Wrap the hand around the straw and secure with tape. Here I struggled a bit. Maybe because I am not very coordinated, and I’ll be interested to see if anyone else has the same problem. I suggest wrapping it fairly close to the top of the straw- I wrapped mine probably 1 ½ inches from the top and it was too low.
7. Slide the leaves on the straw and secure them with tape. Again I struggled, I couldn’t get the leaves to stay in place. They kept spinning around. It may have been that the holes were a bit off center from using a 3 hole punch.
8. Cut the pipe cleaner in half.
9. Fold the piece of pipe cleaner in half and bend the ends. Insert the folded end of the pipe cleaner in the top opening of the straw.