Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Doodlebug!

My Dearest Doodlebug, How is it possible that you turned FOUR just over a week ago? It seems like it was a week ago that we were sitting in the hospital Christmas Eve day waiting to take you home, yet everyday you continue to amaze me with your intelligence and strong will. Your energy is endless, and if channeled appropriately you will know no limits. I pray everyday that I can steer you in the right direction, and that you will find your path to happiness, success and good fortune. You are beautiful inside and out. I still find myself stopping in to admire your beauty once you have fallen asleep, just as I did while you slept in my arms as a newborn. I am in awe of the love and compassion that fills your heart, and my heart is full with the love I have for you. For many years I prayed for you. Many nights I spent aching, crying, pleading with God to give me another child to love... And just when I thought my chance had passed, you were given to me. You saved me. You brought joy to my life that I never thought I'd feel again. You are my angel. You constantly test your limits (and my patience) and just when I think I can't take another minute of your sassy mouth, you tell me that you love me, smile at me, or make me laugh and give me the strength I need to continue on. I can not wait to see what the next year has in store for you! You will be heading off to preschool in the fall- the true beginning of your growing up and away from me. I have just eight short months left where I am in complete control of all things that influence you and I have to admit, that both terrifies and excites me. I can already see a glimpse of the lady you are going to be, and Doodlebug, YOU are going to be AMAZING! I am so proud to be your mommy! I love you! Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment